Applications for the ICAS Foundation Programme open each year on 1 March, and remain open until 31 May. Applicants must complete and submit the application form before the closing date.
The online application form must be completed in one sitting - there is no facility to save your application and return later. The application form should take you around 30 minutes to complete, so please make sure that you have enough time before you start your application.
To start your application, select the button below:
[Applications closed for the 2023-2024 academic year on 31 May 2023. Applications open on 1 March 2024 for the 2024-2025 Academic Year]
Before you start your application, please remember:
Eligibility: Applicants must plan to study an undergraduate accounting or finance degree and have a total household annual income under £34,000. If you are not planning to study, or currently studying, an accountancy or finance related course, please do not apply for this programme.
Personal Statement: you will be asked to write a 1000 word personal statement as part of your application. You may wish to write this before you start your application in a word processing document, and then copy / paste your statement into the appropriate section. Your personal statement should include information on:
- What difference ICAS Foundation support would make to you / your studies
- Your career aspirations
- Any relevant part time or summer work experience you have.
- Your participation in any university or career insight programme.
- Reasons for your choice of university / course.
- Your family background (including who you live with, any other close family members and their circumstances).
- Your participation in community activities such as volunteering, clubs etc.
- What skills you've developed through your activities or other experience.
- Any other information relevant to your application.
Without sufficient detail in your personal statement, we cannot assess your application effectively. Successful applications will usually include a personal statement of 800-1000 words.
If you are unable to complete the form online due to accessibility issues, please contact email@example.com for an alternative form.