The ICAS Foundation is fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and best data protection practices. This means that your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
- As accurate and up to date as possible.
- Retained for a reasonable period in accordance with retention policies.
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security.
Whether through this notice or otherwise, the ICAS Foundation hopes to ensure that everyone has a good understanding of why the ICAS Foundation processes personal information and, where we do, the rights they may have.
Personal information means any information that we hold, or are likely to hold, relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. In practice, this means personal information we hold about users of our Website, recipients of our funding, donors and mentors.
Contact information and further advice
If you have any questions which are not covered in this notice, we suggest that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us deal with your query as quickly as possible, we recommend that you include the following in the email subject ‘FAO Data Protection Officer’. If you would prefer to submit your questions in writing, please write to our office at CA House, 21 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH, addressing your letter to the Data Protection Officer, ICAS Foundation.
While the ICAS Foundation seeks to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, whose contact details are as follows:
- Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Website - https://ico.org.uk/concerns