As a mentor, your support is invaluable to the ICAS Foundation.
Upcoming Diary Dates
- End December / early January: Quarterly Mentoring Log due (to match with student Half-Year Report).
- End March: Quarterly Mentoring Log due.
- End June: Quarterly Mentoring Log due (to match with student End-Year Report).
- End September: Quarterly Mentoring Log due.
During the academic year, please meet with your student on a monthly basis. At the moment, we recommend all mentoring meetings should take place remotely by video-call if possible or phone call as a suitable alternative. If you would like to meet in person with your mentee, we would ask you to confirm that you are both comfortable meeting face to face, and do so in a safe way that recognises the continued risks of Covid-19.
Over the summer, when students may have returned home, you can stay in touch by video call, email or phone. Please record any support conversations held over this period, including an exam results review meeting held soon after results are released, so that we can track what support is taking place during the summer period. You should then hold a formal meeting with your student in September at the start of the new academic year.
- Our quarterly Mentor eNewsletters are scheduled for distribution in early March, early June, early September and late November / early December each year.