Applications closing soon for 2021 entry
Applications for entry to the ICAS Foundation Programme in Autumn 2021 are now open and close 10 June 2021. The ICAS Foundation acknowledges all applications. We will notify you of the outcome within 6 weeks of the closing date.
The ICAS Foundation Programme provides an all-encompassing range of support for students planning to study accounting or finance at university.There is more information about our eligibility criteria below.
You can read more of our students' stories in the Meet Our Students section of our website.
Eligible students joining our programme receive an annual bursary of up to £2,500 paid in 2 equal instalments each year. This bursary is designed to help with the costs involved in studying at university and preparing for the workplace. Here are some examples of how our current students have used the bursary:
- Help with accommodation and living costs.
- Purchase of textbooks, laptop, tablet or printer.
- Reduce hours at part time work over exam periods.
Receiving a bursary from the ICAS Foundation helped me so much during my time at university - without it, I would have struggled to effectively balance my time between work and study.
Lewis McArdle, Smithycroft Secondary School, graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University in 2020
Our mentoring scheme matches every student with an experienced Chartered Accountant, who can offer guidance and encouragement throughout their time at university. Our mentors have a wide range of relevant experience, and our mentoring scheme is designed to ensure that, as far as possible, our students are matched with a mentor who can relate to their learning experience and career ambitions.
Internship and Graduate Roles
We want to ensure all our Foundation students have the opportunity to develop their experience while studying and then progress into their chosen career after graduation. As part of this, our penultimate and final year students receive regular updates on relevant opportunities currently open for application. Our programme has an excellent reputation among employers in the sector, and our students have an outstanding track record of attaining graduate CA training roles after university.
The ICAS Foundation bursary is only open to students who are planning to study, or who are currently studying, an accountancy or finance related degree at university. We can support university students at:
- Any Scottish university
- Approved partner universities in England (currently Lancaster University and the University of Birmingham)
- Students should be UK citizens or UK residents with leave to remain (EU / international students are not eligible to apply).
- The student's parental, guardian or household income should be under £34,000 per year.
- They should be in receipt of a government-funded bursary (from the Student Awards Agency Scotland, Student Finance England or similar) to study at university.
- Students should not be in receipt of similar financial support from any university, trust or foundation.
Applications open each Spring for entry in the next academic year (for instance, March to May 2021 for Autumn 2021 entry). Applications will only be considered outside this period in exceptional circumstances.