Last updated 13 November 2023 to add Robb Ferguson / Dickson Middleton vacancies and remove closed roles.
Graduate finance and accounting roles for summer 2024 are now being advertised. As has been common in recent years, we expect there will be a high demand for roles next summer - we would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, particularly if roles are scheduled to close soon. (Companies can also close opportunities before the advertised closing date if they receive sufficient applications, so please do not assume that vacancies will remain open until the advertised date.)
We would also encourage you to apply to a wide range of opportunities, so you can keep your options open – we regularly see some students only submitting a small number of applications who are then unsuccessful in finding a graduate role in that intake. (As a guideline, most of our 2023 graduates had to submit at least 10-12 applications in order to achieve a role.)
- If you have already secured a graduate role for summer 2024, please can you provide us with details (including your employer, the role title, the location, and if this is an ICAS training role)
- If you are still looking for a role for summer 2024, please let us know what applications you have submitted and if you have any specific areas of interest
As ICAS Foundation students, we expect you to be proactive in making applications, and in return we will offer our assistance in helping you find a role.
The ICAS jobs website (https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job-listings/) is a good starting place to see what is available. We are also updating our social media feeds with vacancies on Fridays, so please watch out for these on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The ICAS Foundation Student Development Toolkit has a range of information and links to help you with job applications – it is available on our website at https://www.icasfoundation.org.uk/community/current-students. We would also encourage you to use any additional resources available through your university careers service, who can assist with application and interview preparation, and point you towards other helpful websites to find opportunities.
The ICAS Foundation wishes you the best of success in your search for a graduate role. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about the application process.
TOP TIP: spot the employer names in bold at the top of each section below - these are ICAS Foundation partners or have a reputation for being friendly firms for ICAS Foundation students.
Closing October 2023
PwC (Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen / Birmingham) - roles in Audit / Tax / Business - see also a range of vacancies on the Become a CA website including Audit in Edinburgh,
Closing November 2023
- Audit Scotland (Edinburgh / Glasgow / Inverness) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/scotland-287-graduate-trainee-auditor-5/
- Azets (Edinburgh / Glasgow / Perth / Aberdeen / Stirling / Ayr / Lancaster / Birmingham), closing 6 November - see also Become a CA website for a range of vacancies including Internal Audit in Glasgow, Audit in Glasgow, Audit in Edinburgh and more
- RSM (Glasgow / Edinburgh / Aberdeen / Preston / Birmingham and more) - apply for one job only here (one application per cycle)
A9 Accountancy (Inverness) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/inverness-287-trainee-chartered-accountant-3/
Gillespie & Anderson (Glasgow) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/glasgow-287-trainee-chartered-accountant-7/
Hall Morrice (Aberdeen) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/aberdeen-287-trainee-chartered-accountant-4/
Henderson Loggie (Edinburgh / Dundee) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/edinburgh-287-ca-trainee-4/
Robb Ferguson (Glasgow) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/glasgow-287-trainee-chartered-accountant-4/
Whitelaw Wells (Edinburgh) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/edinburgh-287-ca-trainee-5/
Companies with finance / non-ICAS roles:
UBS (Edinburgh / London) - including Graduate Wealth Management in Edinburgh
- AAB (Glasgow / Edinburgh / Aberdeen), closing date 31 October - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/glasgow-287-audit-graduate-trainee/ (open evenings in Edinburgh and Glasgow during October)
- Consilium CA (Glasgow), closing date 31 October - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/glasgo-287-ca-trainee/
- Johnston Carmichael (across Scotland), closing date 27 October - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/company/johnston-carmichael/ for a full list of vacancies, including Glasgow (Tax, Audit), Aberdeen (Tax, Audit), Edinburgh (Tax, Audit), Inverness (Audit). JCCA have guaranteed that they will interview a limited number of ICAS Foundation students for these roles, so we strongly encourage you to apply, mentioning your ICAS Foundation involvement in your application.
- SSE (Glasgow / Perth), closing date 29 October - please apply using the online link and send your CV for special review by SSE to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 October at latest.
Edinburgh Airport closing date 31 October - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/edinburgh-hybrid-working-model-287-graduate-trainee-programme/, note salary of £26,000 - £27,000 pa.
Piper Sandler (Aberdeen), closing 31 October - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/aberdeen-287-energy-power-analyst/
Aggreko (Glasgow) - see also https://www.becomeaca.org.uk/job/glasgow-287-graduate-finance-programme-2024-intake/